Veteran Suicide Prevention
If you’re a Veteran in a mental health crisis and you’re thinking about hurting yourself—or you know a Veteran who’s considering this—act now. You’re not alone, and you can get help.
Where can I turn for ongoing support?
You can also find information and support on our websites:
- Get information about suicide prevention and the support we offer.
Visit our suicide prevention website
- Go to our Make the Connection website to get resources and watch stories of Veterans who’ve overcome depression and other mental health challenges.
Visit Make the Connection
Crisis feels different for everybody and can be caused by a wide range of situations before, during, or after military service. The Military Crisis Line is staffed by caring, qualified responders from VA — some of whom have served in the military themselves.
Confidential support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year through the Military Crisis Line (1-800-273-8255 and Press 1), online chat and text (838255).
You can visit this link to see how Veterans, Service members or their loved ones can reach VCL from Europe, Korea and Afghanistan.
- In Europe call 00800 1273 8255 or DSN 118 *
- In Korea call 0808 555 118 or DSN 118
- In Afghanistan call 00 1 800 273 8255 or DSN 111
* In Europe, toll-free service may not be available through all carriers or in all countries